Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Chicago, Check out this Consumer Public Relations Job vacancy in Chicago. There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another.
It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a special responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live, and fly. We can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Consumer Public Relations
- Proven experience developing and implementing effective media relations campaigns for well-recognized consumer brands, ideally in the travel, CPG, transportation, retail, luxury lifestyle, and/or technology spaces
- A deep personal network of consumer media relationships and a keen sense of how to craft a pitch that today’s busy reporters will take notice of
- Champion relationships with reporters through consistent, active pitching and networking.
- Stay attuned to news trends and constantly look for opportunities for United to engage
- Demonstrate a high level of executive presence providing counsel to C-level executives and acting as a company spokesperson
- Key liaison between the Corporate Communications function and executive leadership
- Create innovative ways that help the company effectively launch new products, routes, technologies, and partnerships
- Develop and implement consumer media strategies, tactics, and measurement benchmarks in close partnership with the areas of business they support
Who Can Apply For This Position
- 12+ years of hands-on consumer-focused communications experience, ideally in-house with a Fortune 100 company and/or well-known consumer brand
- 8+ years of experience managing diverse, matrixed teams and agency partners
- Significant experience developing consumer-focused earned media-based communications campaigns for highly matrixed global organizations
- A passion for people leadership, with significant experience inspiring, developing, and mentoring diverse teams of both experienced and emerging communications professionals
- A keen sense of what makes a compelling news story, with demonstrated ability to mine for proactive story ideas to manage negative coverage
Job Details Company Name : United Airlines Location : Chicago, Illinois, United States Job Type : Full-Time