Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in London, Check out this Specialist, Material Logistics Job vacancy in London.
The role is part of the London-Heathrow airport team. As a Materials Specialist, you’ll provide daily support to the Tech Ops team. From small cabin parts to large aircraft wheels, all parts must be strictly managed and accounted for. As part of a small team, you’ll get involved in all aspects of the AA Supply Chain, ensuring a varied and interesting role.
While some previous logistics or warehouse experience is preferred, if you have a good understanding of the airport environment this may be a great opportunity to grow your experience in a more technical area, and we will provide training so you can reach your potential.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Specialist, Material Logistics
- Handling of hazardous/high value shipments (correct packaging, identifying Dangerous Goods for transport in accordance with IATA regulations)
- Process all documentation and transactions, both manually and in inventory systems
- Liaise/organize with other airlines and stations in sourcing and transporting emergency aircraft parts (AOG)
- Inventory stocktaking, identifying and control of shelf life items
- Recognize and adapt to changes in procedures and inventory control systems
- Complete mandated departmental self-audits and be accountable for audit findings
Who Can Apply For This Position
- A good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- Be physically fit with good color vision to perform stock handling and movement
- Recognize the unique challenges in working in an airline environment
- Embrace the team ethic and be prepared to assist and share knowledge
- Be proactive in maintaining and improving your skill set
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : London, UK Job Type : Full-Time