New York State Police
If You are Looking for Jobs in New York, Check out this New York State Police Job vacancy in New York.
Requirements of Work:
- Ability to complete required training within the time allowed.
- Ability to accurately discharge a rifle, shotgun, and handgun with both left and right hands.
- Ability to learn to subdue a violent and/or uncooperative person by methods requiring physical force.
- Ability to run distances up to one- and one-half miles without exhausting self.
- Must not be impaired from testifying credibly in a court of law or impaired from swearing to an affidavit.
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately.
- Visual acuity that meets established medical standards.
- The hearing ability that meets established medical standards.
- Ability to drag or carry an average adult person, about 160 pounds, a distance of fifteen to twenty feet, away from danger.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to wear body armor while on duty.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, representatives of other organizations, and the public.
- Ability to operate an automobile and maintain a valid New York driver’s license.
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.