Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Austin, Check out this GSE Technician Job vacancy in Austin. The work of a Ground Equipment Mechanic includes performing mechanical maintenance work such as dismantling, repairing, fabricating, welding, altering, painting, and maintaining automotive, ramp, provisioning, and deicing equipment and components.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a GSE Technician
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Performs both preventative maintenance and unscheduled maintenance on all airline ground equipment.
- Attends initial and ongoing training (classroom and/or on-the-job), and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to maintain proficiency in their work.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- 5 Years Heavy truck and/or equipment repair experience in lieu of a technical degree
- Must be able to work in vicinity of ramps, hangers and terminals.
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a frequent basis, and for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform job functions within a confined space or in potentially hazardous areas.
- Required proficiency in the maintenance and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Required ability to perform minor or major body repair.
Job Details Company Name : Southwest Airlines Location : Austin, TX, USA Job Type : Full-Time