Website Alaska Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Seattle, Check out this Fraud Analyst Job vacancy in Seattle. Guided by our purpose, core values, and leadership principles, we are creating an airline people love. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, legal, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for travel and our guests is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Fraud Analyst
- With limited direction from a manager, work independently to monitor & research customer payment records, utilizing various tools and work queues to investigate and validate transactions.
- Adept at navigating through various scenarios and being solution-oriented during conflict resolution. Willing to apply excellent customer service skills while having difficult conversations with guests, cardholders & Mileage plan (MP) members.
- Takes initiative to develop solutions to complex problems as they relate to ticket fraud prevention, including, but not limited to, gathering personal information from customers to help identify discrepancies and/or eliminate suspicion.
- Make recommendations to streamline or enhance existing policies/procedures, stay ahead of continuously evolving fraud practices, and further protect guest data.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, working closely with peers to analyze fraud trends, explore innovative ways to reduce risk, and make recommendations on rules adjustment with fraud tools.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- 2 years of experience in fraud prevention, revenue protection, airline industry experience, or related area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, or related field, or an additional two years of training/experience required in lieu of this degree.
- Ability and willingness to work a variable schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal & written customer service skills.
Job Details Company Name : Alaska Airlines Location : Seattle, Washington Job Type : Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.alaskaair.com.