Website Southwest Airlines
Responsible for providing strategic communication counsel, development, and execution of communication plans. Collaborate with Employees across the Company on enterprise initiatives, serving as a communication resource. Provide Legendary Customer Service, while working to achieve goals and objectives across multiple Teams. If You are Looking for Jobs in Dallas, Check out this Communications Specialist Job vacancy in Dallas.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Communications Specialist
- Provide communications counsel to colleagues, internal clients, Leaders, and Executives—determining appropriate tone, message, and channel to deliver clear and effective messages that align with Company objectives
- Demonstrate autonomy in the development of message and channel strategy, gathering inputs from multiple sources, obtaining and coordinating the proper approvals, and partnering with other departments or outside partners as needed to build and execute communication strategy
- Act and advise the business with a broad set of Stakeholders in mind
- Direct efforts to construct the Southwest story for maximum engagement, and challenge the business when there is a risk of information overload or change fatigue
- Work with Leaders to frame solutions to emerging issues, and subsequently define and execute appropriate communication strategies to support the best outcome
- Partner with departments to create communication strategies to create deeper engagement with multiple Stakeholders
- Contribute to SWALife blog, LUVLines, and other Companywide and/or department news as needed
- Ensure consistency among internal, external, and social messaging
- Establish effective liaison relationships with other Southwest Departments for support in communicating departmental initiatives
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leader
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Entry-level experience; developing skills and knowledge in:
- Contributing to communications efforts, either from within a business organization or with a strong partnership in the business
- Working on cross-functional project teams to provide communications insight and support
- Knowledge of communication and delivery methods including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Ability to listen, understand, and communicate ideas presented in writing and/or in speaking with others
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to quickly make sense of, combine, and organize information into meaningful patterns
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Job Details Company Name : Southwest Airlines Location : Dallas, TX, USA Job Type : Full-Time