Website Alaska Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Portland, Check out this Base Chief Pilot Job vacancy in Portland. Our close-knit flight operations team orchestrates the daily operations of our airline, creating an airline people love from behind the scenes. Whether you’re new to the industry or a seasoned pro, you’ll use your expertise to create situations that make guest experiences as safe and enjoyable as possible.
You’ll be at the heart of how our airlines will achieve its goals and enjoy the opportunities you’ll have to create a long and satisfying career with us.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Base Chief Pilot
- Lead and establish priorities for a diverse team of pilots by setting professional standards and coaching when appropriate.
- Shape the long-term strategy and planning for operations at the assigned base.
- Develop people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on fostering strategic and systems thinking across teams and functions, development of talent in function/discipline, and succession planning.
- Shape the culture of the team and beyond through action, presence, and reinforcement of positive and professional behaviors.
- Influence across the team to build and maintain trust between the pilot group and Horizon management by using well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, interacting fairly and diplomatically, and demonstrating consistency and reliability in interactions.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Bachelor’s degree, or an additional two years of experience instead of this degree.
- Ability to become a line-qualified pilot at Horizon.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and Pilot Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), with a strong technical background and expert knowledge of pilot procedures.
- Operate well under pressure or in changing conditions, demonstrating good professional judgment, time management, and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and initiate actions that have a strategic impact and drive a high-performance culture.
Job Details Company Name : Alaska Airlines Location : Portland, Oregon Job Type : Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.alaskaair.com.