Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Tulsa, Check out this Aviation Maintenance Technician Job Vacancy in Tulsa. Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time. There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as an Aviation Maintenance Technician
- In those positions where stock chasers are not maintained and/or available at the time, he may chase his own parts.
- May have other Aviation Maintenance Technician -Welder personnel assigned to assist him in completing an assignment.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- An Aviation Maintenance Technician -Welder will have sufficient welding knowledge and skills to produce acceptable welds in accordance with manuals, processes, procedures, and any certifications required by American Airlines on aircraft and aircraft components. Proficiency is required for those welds (alloy, type, thickness, position, form) that welding technicians perform or expect to perform for production aircraft welding.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures. Will communicate with other
- Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- In addition to the above duties, performs the following duties as assigned: cleaning of aircraft windshields; connecting/removing ground power and ground start units; pushing out/towing of aircraft and related guide man functions.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- This job is subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Your previous employers will be contacted to verify if you had any DOT drug violations and/or refusals to test for drugs or alcohol in the previous two-year period. Your DOT-required urine specimen will be tested for the following substances: Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines, and Opiates.
- Verifiable, hands-on experience of the actual time spent in the repair, maintenance, overhaul, or manufacture of aircraft or comparable parts.
- Certificate of completion or its equivalent from an accredited Welding Program or equivalent.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
- Any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : Tulsa, OK, USA Job Type : Full-Time