Website American Airlines
Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time. There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals. If You are Looking for Jobs in Phoenix, Check out this Aviation Maintenance Technician Job Vacancy in Phoenix.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as an Aviation Maintenance Technician
- In those positions where stock chasers are not maintained and/or available at the time, he may chase his own parts.
- May have other Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist personnel assigned to assist him in completing an assignment.
- An Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist will be able to perform operations, techniques, and all other facets and processes of advanced machining operations in accordance with manuals and procedures expected by American Airlines. An Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist will possess process knowledge about critical manual machining and CNC operations and programming.
- Certifies for the quality of his own workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases, except signs mechanical flight releases for all work done on fieldwork.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures. Will communicate with other
- Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- In addition to the above duties, performs the following duties as assigned: cleaning of aircraft windshields; connecting/removing ground power and ground start units; pushing out/towing of aircraft and related guide man functions.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Verifiable, hands-on experience of the actual time spent in the repair, maintenance, overhaul, or manufacture of aircraft required
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days-off
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
- A valid certificate of completion or its equivalent from an accredited Machinist Program, which includes training on both CNC and manual machines.
- Minimum of Twenty-four (24) months of verified, hands-on, machining experience in any combination of the machine including the mill, lathe, grinder, or CNC. Must satisfactorily demonstrate his qualifications by successfully completing a test prior to acceptance into the Machine shop.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : Phoenix, AZ, USA Job Type : Full-Time