Website American Airlines
Fleet Service Agents perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing, and documenting cargo in a cargo-specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area. If You are Looking for Jobs in Chicago, Check out this Fleet Service Agent Job vacancy in Chicago.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Fleet Service Agent
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at a mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility, or staging areas.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing, and related guide person functions.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes the ability to perform data entry.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading, and racking both filled and empty drums.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing aircraft
- The filling of fuel trucks from storage tanks, driving fuel trucks and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check, and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : Chicago, IL, USA Job Type : Full-Time